Industrial Safety Eyewear
GKB Safety Eyewear Program
In factories/industries or in research laboratories, workers are exposed to a variety of risks like mechanical/chemical/radiation hazards & dusty environments. Also since their work involves dealing with machineries and other crucial jobs, accuracy of vision of the workers as well as his/her safety is a matter of concern for the management. To effectively combat such situations, I-Safe safety eyewear programs are developed which offers eye testing facilities at the various industry sites, followed by a diverse range of safety eyewear, customized to provide safety at that particular hazardous environment
Comprehensive Eye Test at your premises
- On site eye test at your premises is organized by GKB.
- A team of technically qualified optometrists and eyewear professionals assess the power requirement of each individual employee.
- Advanced, imported equipment and instruments, are used to ensure accuracy and speed.
- Trained professionals from GKB provide Individual counselling and help in the selection of the ideal safety eyewear.
- Advise on specific eye related problems & other issues
An ideal safety eyewear offers :
- Effective protection & wrap
- Accurate vision
- No reaction or discomfort in terms of skin irritation.
- Should be a non-corrosive material
TWO OF OUR MOST SOUGHT AFTER PRESCRIPTION SAFETY EYEWEAR PREFERRED BY INDUSTRIES:
The frames are made from impact resistant materials such as Nylon and Polycarbonate which makes them tough and resistant to breakage.
FRAMES FOR PRESCRIPTION EYEWEAR
These frames are light and comfortable to wear for a long duration
PLANO (WITHOUT POWER) MOULDED POLYCARBONATE FRAME:
These frames are ideal for fitting prescription (powered) lenses and enhance visual clarity
Sutapa Ghosh Sarker / Mainak Das / Raj Kumar Banerjee
GKB Lens Pvt Ltd.
S11/1 & 12, Kasba Industrial Estate, Phase-I, Kolkata-700 107.
Phone: +91 33 2443 2517 Extn: 226/231 Fax: +91 33 2443 1730
Cell: +91 98310 08357/ 86979 12567 / 99030 13292
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Protect Your Eyes with Polycarbonate Lenses, The Material used in Making Space Helmet
IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES LIKE THE UNITED STATES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR INDUSTRIAL WORKERS TO WEAR POLYCARBONATE SAFETY EYEWEAR. THE COMPARISON CHART BELOW ILLUSTRATES THE REASON:
|Protection from any kind of eye injury|
|Lightness||+++||++||+||Comfortable to wear|
|Resistance||yes||no||no||Ideal for damp atmosphere and humid and sultry working conditions|
|4||SCRATCH||POLYCARBONATE (TITANIUM COAT)||PLASTIC (COATED)||GLASS (UNCOATED)||USES|
|Resistance||+++||+++||+++||Suited to highly abrasive atmosphere (cement works, dusty environment etc)|
“All lenses are available with anti-reflection coating which removes the unnecessary reflections, providing clarity of vision”
GKB SAFETY EYEWEAR IS THE BEST CHOICE AS :
- It is 10 times tougher and more impact resistant than any ordinary safety eyewear
- It is virtually unbreakable
- High Index lenses make the eyewear thinner & lighter
- Built in UV protection for extra comfort
|% of UV cut off (380mm)||100%||98%||62%|
- Intrinsic fog resistance capacity
- Scratch resistant for durability
- Money saving in the long run as it lasts 10 times longer than ordinary safety glasses
The Need for Safety Eyewear
Every year, approximately 3 million eye injuries occur in India, both in and outside the workplace. It‘s estimated that a huge percentage of those victims have lost some degree of their eyesight. While 61% of eye injuries occurred in manufacturing, construction or trade jobs, they are also common in hospitals and laboratories. In addition, to common eye injuries health care workers and laboratory staff may be at risk of acquiring infectious diseases via ocular exposure also.
Experts say, accurate protective eyewear can prevent almost 90% of the injuries at the workplace. From industries/factories and in research laboratories workers deal with machineries and perform important jobs for which vision accuracy for the workers and safety is a matter of vital concern for the management.
Why the Management should be concerned with safety ?
- Improper safety eyewear hampers accuracy and clarity of vision, thereby reducing the efficiency of the worker.
- Productivity of a worker is also reduced by persistent worries about breaking his glasses.
- Loss of vision of a valuable worker can result from a sudden eye accident. Loss of an experienced employee further decreases productivity.
- Frequent accidents may lead to labour unrest.
- Proper safety measures and gears adopted by the organization reflect care, thereby adding motivational value.
To effectively combat such situations, GKB safety eyewear program offers eye testing facilities at various industry sites, followed by a diverse range of safety eyewear, customized to provide the best safety and accurate vision at that particular hazardous environment.
GKB Lens Pvt. Ltd is a leader in the optical scenario, specializing in prescription glasses for a long time now. It is the pioneer in the field of Prescription Safety Eyewear, being the first to introduce it for the benefit of the workers in the shop floors of different industries, with equal emphasis on their eye protection and vision.
Protection from All Kinds of Work Related Hazards
THE HAZARD CHART BELOW ILLUSTRATES THE POSSIBLE RISK ENCOUNTERED BY YOUR EMPLOYEES :
|RISK (EXAMPLES)||SOURCES (EXAMPLES)|
Comprehensive Eye Test at your Premises
BENEFITS AT YOUR PREMISES
- On site eye testing and counseling related to vision & safety offered at factory premises
- Eye testing conducted by a team of technically qualified optometrists
- Advanced, imported and state of art instruments used for accurate assessment of power
- Individually customized safety spectacle provided as per the company’s requirement and budget
WHY THE MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH SAFETY?
Improper safety eyewear hampers accuracy and clarity of vision, thereby reducing the efficiency of the worker.
Productivity of a worker is also reduced by persistent worries about breaking his glasses.
Loss of vision of a valuable worker can result from a sudden eye injury
Loss of an experienced employee further decreases productivity
Sometimes frequent accidents may lead to labour unrest
Proper safety measures and gears adopted by the organization reflect care, thereby adding motivational value.
SOME OF OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS :
- Castrol India Limited
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd
- Saint Gobain
- Ultratech Cement Limited
- G.E. India Group
- Unilever Industries Pvt. Ltd
- Maruti Udyog Ltd
- Volvo India Pvt. Ltd
- Tata Sponge Iron Limited
- Reliance Industries Limited
Land Line : +91 33 2443 2517 / 2442 9397, Extn: 226 / 231, Fax: 91 33 2443 1730
Mobile : +91 98310 08357/ 86979 12567 / 99030 13292 10AM - 6PM (Mon-Sat)
Please feel free to drop your Compliments and Complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
- Ms. Sutapa Ghosh Sarkar, Head - Institutional Sales
- Mr. Mainak Das, Manager- Safety Sales
- Mr. Raj Kumar Banerjee, Assistant Manager- Safety Sales
Mail to our Postal AddressSafety Eyewear Programme
GKB Lens Pvt. Ltd.
S11/1 & 12, Kasba Industrial Estate,
Phase-I, Kolkata-700 107,